Monday, September 15, 2014

Back at it...

Here I am in the JFK airport again getting ready to start my second year in Madrid.  After a long goodbye with the family, I am starting to get excited again, and remember why I gave myself this much stress and craziness in the first place. 
This go-around is way different.  I have an apartment to go to immediately upon arrival and friends there waiting for me.  I suppose having my boyfriend waiting for me there is a plus as well  :D  I enjoyed my time at home, but now I've got the travel bug back, and I’m ready to go to my next destination! 





Which I already have planned.  My Uncle George and Aunt Sheryl are traveling around France for their anniversary.  They kindly invited me to tag along for a little bit and I’ll be meeting then in Nice for a few days.  I’m looking forward to it!  I didn't get the chance to see them during the summer so I look forward to catching up with them. 
Before I came home, I got to go to England and visit London for a few days.  My boyfriend’s brother got married this past June and I got to go to the wedding outside of Manchester.  It was beautiful and the ceremony and reception was in a gorgeous English Manor.  Very pretty.  Very excited that I got to take part in the celebration and see how other families do weddings.  It was very similar to an American one.   So I’ll include a few pictures of that. 





Once I got home I spent the summer visiting my family, spending time with my friends, and working at my lifeguard job.  It was my last summer working at the Cameron Woods pool, which I worked at every summer all through college.  It was bittersweet to end my time there, but like everything else, it’s time to move forward and we’ll see what I end up doing next summer…







I am all moved into my new apartment and have enjoyed being back and getting to know my new roommates!  One girl is Megan, who I went to Rome with and reached out over the summer to see if I wanted to live together near the same place as last year.  She found a great 3 bedroom apartment with an awesome kitchen (THERE'S A DISHWASHER!!!!), 1.5 bathroom, and a great living room!  My other roommate is Laura, and she is from Germany.  Something we have in common is my brother was born in Germany, and her brother was born in America.  We both lived in each other’s countries around the same age for about the same length of time.  She’s very nice and I’m sure we’ll get along just fine!  Tomorrow we’re heading to Ikea, so we’ll bond over shopping…


No comments:

Post a Comment