Thursday, May 31, 2012

familia de acogida y mi casa



     My host family consists of Beatriz, Ivan, Raul, Sara and my roommate Nikki.  My host mom is Beatriz (Bea) and she will be the reason I dont lose a single pound in Spain.  She hasn't stopped feeding us comida rica or smiling since we've arrived.  She also gets excited and starts talking very fast and is the only one I really have to ask to repeat what she says. The husband, Ivan, has been verrryyy good at slowly explaining to us what we don't understand.  The kids, Raul and Sara, are shy but they seem excited to have us.  Whenever Nikki and I can't come up with a word, which is more often than we'd like to admit, they get excited and try to guess what we're saying.  Its like a constant game of Charades! 
     
      Our first night here they walked us around the city of Granada and bought us ice cream :) already a good fit for me right?  The language barrier will probably start to be overwhelming, but for now I'm doing alright with understanding and responding.  I tell them "Entiendo" after they speak so they know I understand.  Ivan has already picked up on the blank facial expressions i've made when Beatriz goes rapido on me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment