Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Here I am again in my wonderful apartment!  This time with pictures included...I woke up this morning and met Janine (another auxilliare who is switching places with me) and we turned in the paper work.  She is from England, looks like Kat Deely from "So you think you can Dance," and was pushing her baby stroller around.  We turned in the paperwork and we started talking about our lives.  She ended up coming with me to several banks and tried to help communicate with me and we got lunch together.  It was a calamari sandwich...its amazing just how "go with the flow" you have to be.    

I think part of her felt sorry for me, part of her was glad to not immediately have to get on the train for an hour to go back home.  She was very sweet and I offered to babysit for her.  She goes "Its a shame we cant both work at Aranjuez, I like you!"  So out of the 3 people I know here?  2 are mothers.  

Banks close at 2 here, so after 2, I meandered around learning the area near my apartment.  Its very residential and "Posh" as it is right near the center of Madrid.  The Lion King (El Rey Leon) is playing at their version of Broadway, and I just might go!  Its amazing walking around and absorbing the culture.  Sometimes I get a chance to talk in Spanish, sometimes I can immediately be like "No hablo espanol!"  and go on my merry way.  Is it lonely?  Not yet.  Its nice being able to do my own thing and not be focused on trying to make best friends with all the American's in Madrid.  I will be meeting a few a week from today at my school.  









No comments:

Post a Comment