Saturday, September 28, 2013

A dia en mi Vida

This whole week has been a wave of emotions as you might imagine.  Part of my day I am on a mission to open bank accounts, change phone numbers, and acquire transportation.  The other part I am walking blissfully around the streets of Madrid, wondering where to eat next.  Then of course I hit by intensities of joy, sadness, ojida (I just had to look up how to spell that, definition: mental angst).  It was particularly frustrating trying to open a bank account because I only have my passport.  I could not get my point across that I could still open an account with it.  Some people are rude and just roll their eyes when I start talking, others kindly let me spill out what I’m saying before they pat me on the back and point me to the door.  I found one finally….now hopefully to get money into it!! 












              Once I got somewhere with all items on my check list today, I took some time to be a tourist.  I walked to the palace and cathedral today, which are about a 30 minute walk from my apartment. Yup, I live near a palace, and the royal gardens are right next to me.  The ROYAL gardens.  I went to the most touristy plaza in Madrid and ate, what will be, the most expensive meal ill have in Spain.  It was delicious though, and I ate every bit of it J I had manchego cheese, Spanish tortilla, and a glass of sangria.  After that I just meandered through the gardens and found my way back to my apartment.  Whose life am I living?!  




No comments:

Post a Comment