Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Primer Dia de Classes

Today was my first day of school!!!  I woke up at 6 a.m. to catch my first train, to my connecting train to get to the school which is quite far away.  Needless to say, catching the train going in the wrong direction didnt help....I got to the school about 20 minutes late.  But its Spain!  And they don't seem to care, especially since the head director and I have been in constant contact most of the summer.  

            Anyways, I finally arrived to the school and all the of the little kids were so excited!  I have 4 classes and work with students mainly in 4th and 5th grade.  I switch around to different classes and get to work with different teachers.  Some dedicated the whole class time to getting to know me, others went straight to the lesson and didnt know what to do with an assistant in the class.  

           Either way this week is an adjustment period and we'll have to see what they expect from me!  Im not supposed to take over any teacher roles, but I'm sure ill have to come up with some lesson ideas or help with the topic being covered.  

          My commute is long but so far it has been a welcoming atmosphere and the teachers were pretty nice!  A chance to speak some more spanish I hope?  The few times Ive been out and able to try, people just want to practice their english with me...we'll get there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment