Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Barcelona, Arquitectura


I got to travel to Barcelona this past weekend to see Corinne again and her friend Jenna. Jenna is an Architecture major at Virginia Tech and specifically wanted to see some buildings in Barca, so I decided to tag along!  We went to the Opera Friday night to see "Agrippina," it was beautiful and very cool!  But word of advice?  Don't drink a glass of wine before going...warm cozy seats and long singing in a foreign language are not conducive to staying awake.  However it was cool to follow the English translation and enjoy the ornate decorations around me.  We felt pretty classy dressing up to go to see the opera...  




It was also cool to be the individual in the group who spoke spanish and helped get us around.  I was the expert (I'm using this term loosely here!) on the food and culture as we looked for places to eat and hang out.  In Barcelona they speak Catalan as well which was prominently displayed everywhere so I had to translate that as well.  



Overall another great experience had!  Excited to show my family around the city and get to enjoy some more of its beautiful sites...

Fins a la propera!

No comments:

Post a Comment